Thursday, March 19, 2009

I Corinthians 13:11

Something is going on lately. Not sure what. Been doing lots and lots of thinking over the past half year about The Future. Most of the time, The Future is fun to think about. A new nicer flat. A summer holiday in Europe. A new job. A master's degree in education.

But the problem is when The Future becomes The Present. I've spent the last hour staring at a letter that I've finished which is going to close a door that I had been hoping to go through for some time. Even though I know that I've got a better option in front of me for the next 12 months, even though I've turned this decision every which way for the past month and come back to the same answer every time, and even though I know that I can come back to this same door if I want to in 12 months...this feels odd.

My future for the past month has been completely in limbo, a tabula rasa, my imagination's fun house. But this letter makes that lovely Future a step closer to The Present.

Time to move on with it, Pierce:

"When I became a man, I put childish ways behind me."